View Single Post
Old 03-20-12, 02:07 PM   #46
TheOneAndOnly

Default Re: How real people will use Windows 8 on the desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylphid View Post
There are hacks out there to do this (google, you'll also find an app that does it for you) , but I didn't bother with them. I'm not going to use an OS that I have to hack to death to be happy with.
I understand there are hacks. The question (the way I read it) was whether MS would enable a Metro "off" switch to disable it. From everything I can tell, that would be a no.

As far as hacks are concerned, I agree with you. I see no reason to waste my time just to end with a hacked, potentially unstable Windows 7 SP2 with an upgraded task manager. If I wanted that, I would wait for the real deal---without the upgraded task manager.

Unless some major changes are put into effect that ease my concerns in how Metro makes things more difficult on the desktop, I will be officially skipping this version. I will go no further than purchasing a copy to run on a VM just for educational purposes. Then I can be prepared to rake in the dough when unwitting customers upgrade to this mess and wonder WTF they were thinking and call me for assistance
TheOneAndOnly is offline   Reply With Quote