View Single Post
Old 03-20-12, 04:25 PM   #47
Melfranks

Default Re: How real people will use Windows 8 on the desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
That night mare was enough... I will install it if at the very least in a VM just so I can relate to any clients using Windows 8, and I'll have to become proficient at it. However I highly doubt it'll ever be my primary OS.
I can't imagine anyone installing a preview version over the top of their main OS.
I had a similar issue with a dual boot scenario, I had to boot from my Windows 7 CD and repair to get the "new" OS selection screen.
I've since removed my Windows 7 drive and installed Windows 8 on a 120GB SSD.

You would be doing yourself a disservice installing Windows 8 on a VM, this was one of the main reasons so many people complained about the new "hot corners". It's pathetically simple to hit them when you are in full screen, which any sane person would be running their OS in.
In a VM however it's much harder to find the corners, and some people actually thought Microsoft intended it to be that way. "I can't find that corner pixel for the Start menu!!1"

It's really interesting seeing the opinions so divided on this preview. I doubt I will ever go back to my Windows 7 installation, there is simply no reason to.
Others swear they will go Mac before they use Windows 8. Go figure...
The nice thing about the preview is it's free to try and easy to install. Just create a small partition, burn an ISO and have at it.
Melfranks is offline   Reply With Quote