View Single Post
Old 03-31-12, 06:54 PM   #17
Bman212121

Default Re: Microsoft Flight to be released this spring as a FREE download

Just got around to firing this up last night. It's not too shabby. I think I'll definitely get bored of it but what's really nice is since it's free to play you can it other friends involved who normally wouldn't have the game. I'm not even sure if FSX had multiplayer because I don't know anyone else who has it, but we were able to play Flight last night in MP.

The one big thing that I like about F2P games is anyone can join in on the fun without having to buy the game first. If they end up liking the game and want to continue playing it then they can spend money whenever they want. A lot of times we'll just want to try a game one night and it's hardly worth it for 3 or 4 people to pay full price for a game that they'll only use once.

I do agree that the prices do seem a bit high. It looked like a single plane was going to run about $7. What they really should do is just take a full game worth of content, divide out all of the parts like planes, maps, addons extra so that they total to the cost of a full game. Then take whatever the calcuated cost was and add an extra 20 - 50% on to that. So if a plane was going to be worth about $3 in the retail game, it could be sold for say $4. For the people that want everything they'll only be paying a bit more than normal, but for everyone else the prices are much more enticing. They could also just just sell the complete pack for normal retail price for those who want everything, then sell other smaller packages with slight premiums on them. Maybe they'll get to that point but it's hard to say. I know that some people to are hooked on F2P spend a lot more money than what a regular game costs.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote