View Single Post
Old 04-04-12, 11:41 PM   #58
Rakeesh

Default Re: How real people will use Windows 8 on the desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
The HD and RAM failed, both not made by Apple.
Apple doesn't actually make 99% of the components you find in them (in fact I'd be surprised if apple owns any fabrication plants at all, so that figure is probably closer to 100%.) Foxconn makes most of the case materials, and the components such as hard drives, processors, memory, etc are all made by companies such as samsung, hitachi, and intel just to name a few.

Apple does not make memory, and apple does not make hard drives. It may in some cases have the name apple written on the component itself, but apple does not make it. Hell, apple doesn't even assemble their own computers.

In fact all of the above can be said about HP and Dell as well (with the exception of custom built Dell PC's, which ARE assembled in the US at various locations that dell owns.) HP and Dell are both huge customers of Foxconn for example.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_the_apple_factory

Apple is really just another OEM, only they use their own in-house less secure, less compatible, and less stable OS.

(EDIT: source here and ironically ASUS and Lenovo, of all companies, are reported to produce superior hardware to apple, source here, so next time an apple fanboy talks up their "great quality" hardware, remind them that the chinese company Lenovo does a better job, and their computers are a LOT cheaper)

Really all you're paying for is the name apple written on it.

Why am I telling you all of this? Consumers are stupid and will buy the shiny apple products because it's cool and hip to do so. But the idea that businesses would EVER switch to anything apple due to windows 8 having a crappy UI is just a big crock of....you know. Trust me, if it came down to it, linux would by far come next in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
The iMac's and Macbooks are made very well, as are the iPhones and iPads.
Nope, all of the above have huge QA issues compared to the competition.

http://www.infoworld.com/t/hardware/...c-049?page=0,0

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote