View Single Post
Old 04-06-12, 08:13 PM   #1
Sniper7

Question NVIDIA module compiling troubles on kernel 3.0.0

Hi there to everyone.

I have troubles with compiling NVIDIA driver module for my GeForce 240 GT card on linux kernel 3.0.0-15-generic.

I'm on Ubuntu Lucid and I had installed this kernel from the official repos. Although it hasn't sources, and proper headers in the main repos (being a kernel backported from Maverick if I recall correctly) I've figured out how to set up a proper build environment (with full sources and headers).

Then I've used to figure out the nvidia-current package's working conditions, and to properly patch the sources to enable the build on 3.x.x kernels. Result was a successfully compiled, but unusable nvidia.ko module. The error message is: "Unable to insert nvidia.ko - Invalid kernel module."

I would mention, that I've managed also to successfully compile, and it runs GREAT on another backported kernel, that being 2.6.35-32-generic, installed as well from repos.

Now what's wrong with the 3.0.0 kernel. Can anyone give me a helpin' hand to resolve this, please? I wanna run that kernel in full 3D... Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS. Please ask, if additional relevant infos needed.
Sniper7 is offline   Reply With Quote