View Single Post
Old 04-12-12, 08:14 AM   #6
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: PC bank 27" Korean IPS monitor is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlakMagnet View Post
That's not exactly right though. I have 2 monitors on my desk at work, both have been calibrated using a Spyder3 ELITE. They are both connected to the same video card, but no matter what I do from the PC end, the smaller of the 2 monitors just doesn't have the dynamic range and brightness of the newer wide screen monitor. Without being able to adjust the colour, brightness and contrast on the monitor, there is only so much the graphics card can do - you need the controls on the monitor too.

A simple test : using the controls on your monitor, turn the brightness right down. Now using only the graphics card settings in Control Panel, attempt to get the monitor back to its original brightness. You simply can't do it. Same with colour and contrast.
yep. I've messed with the nvidia color control management and did get the 2 screens matched up pretty well but these hardware based color correction solutions have SO much more control over the colors and brightness than the nvidia control panel.

There really is no comparison.

Bear in mind though, it already looks really nice as is. It just needs fine tuning to look its best.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote