View Single Post
Old 04-12-12, 08:28 AM   #66
Classhole

Default Re: How real people will use Windows 8 on the desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Thats not necessarily true.

I fix iMacs and MacPros on occasion, and they are not that difficult to get apart and back together with a little bit of patience and simple research. And finding reasonably priced parts are not that hard either.
And if the system is under warrany, Apples support is second to none.

As far as Macs being top of the line and gorgeous, I would have to agree with you on that

Yes, they are a bit pricier, but you get what you pay for in most cases. No one builds a system as well designed as Apple. Not at least in what I have found in the Wintel market. Their consumer multimedia software is also leaps ahead of most anything in the Windows market also. And their ecosystem is also one of the best when it comes to devices (phones, tablets, TV, movie streaming, music, etc). Those are just a few of the many things that they show an equal or better advantage over Wintel.
I run both systems, so I am not a fanboy by any means. I run Wintel for gaming and because I primarily support them in the field. But I wouldn't be caught dead buying a system from a Windows-based OEM, due to the shoddy workmanship they put into them typically (excluding laptops of course, which would be almost impossible to build.) I build my own Wintel boxes, and have done so since my last OEM box in '98. Nothing has come out since that really impresses me.

But to each their own
Classhole is offline   Reply With Quote