View Single Post
Old 04-15-12, 09:54 AM   #70
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: How real people will use Windows 8 on the desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
Apple followed everybody else. In fact iphone is probably one of the least featured portable music player, always has been. Hell they don't even support FLAC.
I disagree. Plus, I'm sure EVERYONE has their entire music library in FLAC.

Quote:
No they didn't start it. The only thing that I think apple really did was strong arm the RIAA to allow DRM free music. THAT I will give apple credit for.
I can't say much about this, but then again, I don't buy music from iTunes. I usually buy from Amazon since it's DRM free and usually cheaper when purchasing whole albums.

Quote:
How exactly did apple influence that? I've owned many decent laptops since back in 1999. I have a dell inspiron from 2001 that still works fine.
slaWter did say "high end laptops", not just "laptops". After owning many PC laptops myself and working on the best of the best for many clients ($2K+ builds), Dell and other OEMs still cannot make a quality product like Apple. My MBP from 2010 still beats what Dell offers today in design and quality IMO. Notice I didn't say "OMG it's FASTER!". The hardware comparison debate is another discussion for another thread

Quote:
And apple doesn't exactly make good laptops, a huge number of the ones they've made have anything from overheating problems due to bad HSF design, to faulty motherboards due to cheap caps.

You never hear about it on the apple forums because apple always deletes those posts.
IMO Apple makes the best laptops in the world when you look at design and quality. Dell makes some high end laptops that are "ok". You may find that there are some lemons floating around here and there but I'm not saying that Apple is perfect by any means. My MBP gets warm when I have a ton of things going on at the same time, but then again, so does any other laptop.

Have you ever owned and/or used a Macbook Pro in the past 2-3 years? If so, then I respect your opinion and we can move on buddy. If not, I'm sorry but I don't think you can get a fair opinion.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote