View Single Post
Old 04-15-12, 10:11 AM   #7
Redeemed

Default Re: AMD Price cuts coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Pretty much reinforces my stance. As much as I'd like a new video card I can see my self sitting this one out. Putting that money towards a larger boot SSD, larger steam HDD, etc. Maybe the next generation.

Honestly I was expecting the 7770 to be more on par with my 5870, the 7870 to be faster than the 6970 by about 10 - 20%, and the 7970 to on average double the performance of the 6970. Well, that's what I was *hoping* for at least. Didn't quite pan out.

Good cards, yes, but I just can't justify such a small performance jump for that price. I'd benefit more by putting my money else where.

EDIT: My only complaint is I have to play without AA in some titles which isn't too big a deal anyways. However, if I find a very good deal on a second 5870 I may just go CrossFire. I paid $90 for this 5870 and if I come across another one for about the same price... find me a current solution for the same price that'd offer that level of performance. Closest match would be the 7850 after this price drop but it's not gonna' compete with dual 5870s.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote