Thread: HTC One XL
View Single Post
Old 04-15-12, 08:05 PM   #79
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: HTC One XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
Well yes, the tinkerers are critical because they create the apps and add the features that the rest will later use. The majority of smartphone users do not. If the tinkerers don't like your platform, your platform is doomed.
Fair enough. If iOS is "doomed" as a platform, then I expect the number of new apps in the App Store to shrink very, very fast. For some reason, I don't see that happening. Devs are going to continue to make apps for iOS for a long time to come.

I get it: some people like to tinker, but they are NOT the only ones that matter. The end user matters just as much IMO. The end user wants a phone that just works. No flashing, tweaking, rooting, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
You make it sound like because you had a problem with your crappy Android phone, that EVERYONE with an Android phone will have problems. I can't wait till you have an issue with your crApple iphone. Though, I guess all the people posting about issues with their iphones on forums must be lying. Same with the android users that don't have any problems. Both sides have people that have had issues with their devices. Simple as that.
Every has played this card around here lol. I base my judgement on the phones that I've personally owned, worked on at my job and managed through family and friends. Everyone I know that owns an Android dislikes their phone for one reason or another; poor app selection, Marketplace not having X app, slow phone, bloatware, etc.

I personally had the original Droid 1, tweaked the heck out of it and still never got it to a stable state. Now I have an iPhone 4 and it's been 0 problems since day one. Call it what you will, but I call it like I see it.

Android does have potential and I respect it for what it is: a tweaker's heaven and a regular user's nightmare.

I have my opinion and you have yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
It might be a similar transition back to Android as the one from PC to 360.
It is similar. I finally got tired of tweaking my stupid gaming PC and wanted something that worked right out of the box. So many hours wasted on that tinkering crap (and Android) that I wish I had back; I do enough of that crap at work.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote