Thread: HTC One XL
View Single Post
Old 04-15-12, 09:28 PM   #102
ViN86

Default Re: HTC One XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I understand what he is saying, but what he is reading is "OMG ANDROID SUCKS AND DOESNT WORK FOR ANYBODY!!!" Totally not what I'm saying. But who cares, I'm wrong no matter what I say. What else is new around here?
No one said you're wrong, just blanket statements aren't necessarily correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post

Yea that's ICS.

I liked Gingerbread. It ran ok on my Droid X (not going to lie, had to tweak the free memory setting because Motorola was way too aggressive with what an appropriate amount of free RAM was).

But ICS puts Gingerbread to shame. It's by far the best experience I have had on a hand held, even over my iPod Touch 4G with iOS5.1. And it didn't require any tweaks. Out of the box the phone has been rock solid.

Now, the same can't be said for Verizon's 4G LTE coverage in my area. 3G/4G switching kills my battery in my area. With 4G enabled, my battery runs out quickly (8-10 hrs). But with it disabled, it lasts for a couple of days. Luckily, I found a nice toggle for my device. So when I'm in the city, I enable 4G and at my place, I disable it (I have WiFi here anyway) to save my battery.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote