Thread: HTC One XL
View Single Post
Old 04-16-12, 02:48 AM   #116
Zelda_fan

Default Re: HTC One XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
BTW, I'd challenge Zelda_fan, six_storm, and crainger to watch those videos and still claim iOS is better.
Just watched the video. ALL OF IT even thought about midway thought I was thinking to myself "what a crock of ****."

Back when I was a kid, I used to swap out my video card all the time, tweak my CPU, customize Windows out the wazoo, and install all kinds of custom apps, and snicker to myself about how great my rig was while all those other suckers were buying dells and macs and paying 2x as much.

Then I grew up, got a life, got a woman, got a career, and all of a sudden I didn't have all this free time on my hands. I needed things to work out of the box and not waste hours of my time setting it up. I don't want a customized OS. I don't want customized ring-tones. I don't want to use "dolphin" to browse the web. I want the browser that comes with the phone, and I want it to work out of the box. iPhone does that.

I use my phone for the following applications:

-Making phone calls
-Texting
-Checking eMail
-Managing my schedule
-Google searches for various words
-Getting directions via Google Maps
-Listening to Music
-Taking Pictures
-Checking the Weather

-Checking my financial information
-Buying and selling stocks
-Facebook
-Looking at restaurant reviews on Yelp
-Using "Shazam" to figure out a song that I like
-Ordering takeout food through SeamlessWeb
-Controlling my home stereo system with the "Remote" app
-Checking NBA scores

THAT'S IT. Period. End of story. End of sentence. I don't play games, I don't do anything else with it, and I don't want to do anything else with it. The iPhone will do that first list flawlessly out of the box. Never had any complaints whatsoever. The second list requires apps from the app store that take all of 10 minutes (cumulative not individually) to download and setup.

It just works. It fits my life. I don't give a rats butt crack about all the "customization" that android gives you. Maybe it's an age thing. Maybe it's a lifestyle thing. I just want the phone to work out of the box. Android doesn't do that. You have to tinker with it constantly and spend time maintaining it. It just isn't for me. I'm more concerned with getting actual work done than I am with goofing off on my phone.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote