View Single Post
Old 04-16-12, 10:06 AM   #174
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Yeah anybody I speak to regarding Windows 8 thinks it's gonna' be a failure. I'm of a mixed opinion- don't know what direction it's going to go in. If the sales of all in one desktops continues to increase, with touch interfaces, much to our dismay windows 8 may do very well.

However I don't think the omission of the start button and menu will be permanent. Far too many usage scenarios where that is just a more efficient UI. However I can see MS implementing a radically redesigned UI for Windows 9- one that is intuitive for touch as well as one more streamlined and natural for those rocking a keyboard and mouse (such as all of us here). Because of the failure I think Windows 8 might be I'm actually really excited about Windows 9.
windows 8 will be biggest failure on desktop and notebooks in MS history, it might be able to grab them a piece of tablet market.

i did few experiments at work, where I had my laptop, and gave it to few people in different departments to try it and use it for their daily tasks. Out of about 10 people, only one person liked it. 6 of them could not get back to the metro giant boxes screen. One person couldn't figure out how to logon to the pc in 20+ minutes.