View Single Post
Old 04-17-12, 09:35 AM   #6
LurkerLito

Default Re: Legend of Grimrock

Been playing it a whole lot. It's a great dungeon crawler game. It's mainly puzzle solving with a good amount of battles. It's a strange kind of hybrid real time/dice roll battle system and you have to get use to it but it works well IMHO. I do highly recommend it, but just go watch a game play video first to see the battle system in action. I can see that some people might not like it, but after a while it does make sense.

I am on level 8 or so, but I am considering restarting from scratch because I messed up my point allocations experimenting so those points are basically wasted, though I am hesitant because some of those puzzles were a PITA. They aren't hard puzzles, but for some that require you to press triggers in a precise order, if you didn't write them down (and I didn't) they are going to take a while to solve all over again once I get back there.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote