View Single Post
Old 04-19-12, 05:45 PM   #127
Pennyboy

Default Re: Official "I just got a GeForce GTX 6xx thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
Yeah I was very impressed with temps at idle I am getting 32-35, and in BF3 I get 65-70. That is so much better then my old gtx260 which would get 75-85 when gaming and low 50's when idling.

Btw your case looks great almost got me thinking I need a new one, but did not budget for it when upgrading.
Thanks Ghosthunter, yeah cases are kinda like PSU often overlooked part of the PC but if you get a good case then it can make all the difference in how nice you can get your cables etc and how easy it is for your build. The Corsair 650D is the best case I have worked with and its well priced. I has a CM Cosmos before it and was going to wait for the Cosmos II but glad I didn't because it is way over priced in my opinion, plus I just didn't need a case that big as I am not running a heaps of drives. I looked at the 850D but I am not watercooling or anything and the 650D actually had better airflow and because im running SLI that was more important.
You are probably laughing at the stock Intel cooler but I am not into Overclocking, I use to do that in my Geforce 4ti days but now I just run everything at stock. Hardware isn't cheap and I don't really like the risk of OCing even though its heaps easier and safer than it use to be!
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision