View Single Post
Old 01-05-04, 10:47 AM   #1
TheDrew

Default Help...Disappearing Terminals...

Alright, Lets see if anyone can help me. I've just bought a new computer and I'm in the process of installing everything. This is my first try at working with a nVidia card and Linux. I've installed SuSE Linux 9.0 (via FTP install) and it works just fine. I followed the instructions on installing the nVidia Drivers to a "t" (README from the website). I Also edited my Inittab, and XF86Config file. After installing I rebooted, logged in and ran command "startx" X Started with no problems, I even saw the niffty logo screen...There is no problem with my graphics in X...I Love it...Only problem is that my other teriminals disappeared. Terminals 1 - 6 and 8 (The terminial I need to veiw Error and other server information!) have disappeared. Some of them have like EGA color bars on them, but I can't use them. When I exit X and I go back to Terminal 1 I can type commands and they work (like "shutdown -r now"). but I can get the terminal to display correctly. I've searched the forum and found nothing close to this problem so I'm hoping someone out there knows something I don't know...

Thanks,
TheDrew...

Distro: SuSE 9.0 (via FTP Install)
Kernel: 2.4.21-144 (SuSE build from install..not touched at all)
Video Card: nVidia Geforce FX 5200 (ASUS V9520/TD)
MB: ASUS A7N8X - E Deluxe
CPU: AMD XP 3000+
Attached Files
File Type: log xfree86.0.0.log (34.9 KB, 117 views)
TheDrew is offline   Reply With Quote