View Single Post
Old 05-03-12, 01:45 PM   #51
Rakeesh

Default Re: Samsung phones outselling Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Nah, I've never thought NFC and whole Google Wallet thing was ever a good feature. Unless it does something other than replace a credit card, I'll pass.
It does, actually. In fact, the sky is the limit. There are already applications out there for using it to securely unlock doors, quickly exchange information (without e.g. having to email, text, etc) and more.

In fact, there's actually a trend going around lately that business cards are dying. A lot business contacts these days prefer to simply add to each other's information to their devices, because nobody wants to carry around a bunch of business cards. NFC makes that simple, just tap your phones together and you have all of the relevant info.

You can do a lot more than that, Android has a whole API segment dedicated to NFC.

But as an iphone user, I understand how your mind works: You'll hate any feature that android has and iphone does not, until iphone adds it, then it's the best feature in the world

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote