View Single Post
Old 05-06-12, 03:44 AM   #3
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Port forwarding with a virgin super hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
You shouldn't need to forward outbound ports.

Port forwarding is only for when packets are coming inbound to a NAT'ed network and no inbound IP address exists in the NAT table (e.g. a freshly initiated inbound connection, say for example if you have a service running inside of the network.)
Im having some issues trying to play worms reloaded online with some mates, As worms apparently uses steamworks i have been advised to try and upen up ports. >Click Me<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
BTW why are you using a hub? Switches are dirt cheap, in fact I don't think they even make hubs anymore.
Virgin Media's Super Hub is what is needed, Im on 30MB/s atm, Getting upgraded to 60MB/s next month for free.

Quote:
Virgin Media’s Super Hub, also known as a Netgear CG3101D, is a combined cable modem and router. It comes as part of the standard installation package for new 100Mbit/s, 50Mbit/s and 30Mbit/s customers, or as a 30 upgrade for existing 20Mbit/s subscribers – you need the new router to take advantage of speeds faster than 20Mbit/s.
>Click Me<
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote