View Single Post
Old 10-07-02, 07:45 AM   #76
bogado

Thumbs down I had nothing but problems with this driver

I installed this driver first at redhat 7.3, I noticed then that it was realy unstable, when switching from terminals to X (using ctrl-alt-F1 then ctrl-alt-F7) the screen locked one out 3 or 4 times with a pattern of random colored vertical stripes. I have noticed those stripes before, using the 2960 driver, they apeared for one or two seconds and then the X screen would kick in.

This was not much of problem then, since I just got back to the old driver. The problem have re-apeard when I installed the Redhat 8.0, this version has a kernel compiled with gcc 3.x and the driver 2960 is not compatible with that (yes I have rebuilt the driver with the bundled gcc (3.2)). With the 3123 driver I have the same problem, and when I have the AGP disabled I had some rendom lockups also, it seems (not shure here) that enabling NVagp to 1 have cured the lockups, but not the stripes. :-(

My configuration is the following GeForce 2 mx200 (asus V7100 magic), motherboard abit KR7A-RAID, CPU atlhon 950Mhz. I did disabled pentium memory in the kernel with the "mem=nopentium" parameter.

Does anyone have any clue on how to fix this?