View Single Post
Old 05-12-12, 04:04 PM   #4
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: ** Official Path of Exile Thread**

just beat act 1 this morning. damn this game is HARD at times. Some of the rare mobs with the yellow monsters are BRUTALLY hard. WAY harder than some of the boss fights to be honest.

I came across one group in the lower prison that I swear I died at least 15 times trying to kill them all. the problem is that there were 2 rare monsters. One was one of those necromancers that kept raising the skeletons and another was a rare skeleton that shot out 3 freezing orbs. I typically go after the necromancers first so i don't have to keep killing the skeletons but the rare skeleton kept freezing me when I was attacking the necro.

my summon zombie was pretty much useless. he'd get one shotted by the rare skeleton.

I ended up making a mad dash past them to sort of spread them out (not much spreading room due to the cramped nature of the prison to begin with and then they killed me but when I went back, the necromancer ended up not following me down the corridor so he was pretty much by himself and that gave me the chance to take him out then the skeletons and then finally the rare skeleton.

It's been a LONG time since I've been that frustrated at a game.

Oh and not sure if it's just a glitch in the beta or if it's legitimately going to be this way but I was at the area right past the ship graveyard, used a town portal and spent some time cleaning out my inventory/stash etc and then when I went back to go to the portal, it was gone!

Not only that, I went to the waypoint to jump back to the ship graveyard and when I went back, everything had reset so I had to not only kill everyone again but the map did the whole randomizing thing and ended up making me run around to a different area to get back to where I previously was.

They need to fix that :/
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote