View Single Post
Old 05-16-12, 04:45 PM   #18
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: ** Official Path of Exile Thread**

Yeah the skill gems are pretty interesting and I like the way they work. Seems like the class you choose largely dictates your stats vs skills but obviously, having for example, more dexterity starting out means you'll have an easier time using the bows vs 2 handed weapons.

I dropped 10 bucks on a beta key. They've done a really nice job on it, I feel like just this past weekend, I got easily 10 bucks worth of entertainment so having the game to play as much as I want is even sweeter of a deal.

Regarding it not "feeling" like diablo, I went back and played a few hours of diablo II with one of my lower level characters and it's actually surprising how similar it is in terms of the ebb and flow of combat and as much as it does get old, the same old boring hack and slash combat of the same enemies does get just as repetitive as diablo II.

If anything, I would say they need at least some decent voice acting to sort of breathe some life into the dialogue and give the story some personalization. The quests themselves are sort of empty and bland and suffer from the sort of "been there. Done that" situation.

It was fine in Diablo II because (for me at least) that was my first time doing something like that as I never played D1 but all the elements of the story telling in Diablo III are seamlessly integrated into the game and for me, it makes the game FAR more entertaining.

But yeah, aside from that, POE is a really nice game.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote