View Single Post
Old 05-17-12, 02:07 AM   #6
Redeemed

Default Re: Need your guys advice with this build.. anything should be added or removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirantha View Post
Thanx Redeem, I have a VTX 1 and VTX2 OCZ SSDs right now. They work fine

I'm not reading good reviews for VTX4 anyway in newegg

So took your advice and added two of these

Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Stand-Alone Drive)
You're welcome. Now just sell me your current mobo and CPU (QX9650) for a low price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
Why is everyone going so overkill on the psu? Smaller process technologies use less power. You can save a lot of dough and run at higher efficiency with something under 1kw

I'm actually planning to do some upgrades to my rig later this year and finish up within the first half of next year (spanning it across a wide time line so the cost isn't hitting me all at once, prices on parts drop, etc). One thing I'm replacing is my PSU. I bought this back in November of '06 just before the G80s got launched. Been running it ever since. Still rock solid stable, but she's nearing 6 years old. Looking to throw together a formidable 2nd rig and move this PSU to that rig. I'm looking at purchasing a new PSU probably in the 1500 watt range mostly because I wont be stressing it so I imagine it should last longer but, one day I hope to be getting back into bleeding-edge hardware rocking two or more video cards so I want a PSU that could handle it.

Those are my main reasons at least.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote