Join Date: Feb 2005
Biostar GeForce 210 revisited
Well, the 8400GS died on me and I'm back to this GeForce 210 video card on said Linux box.
Now, as I said before, this card has an identity crisis (it thinks it's a G210). It also refuses to play nice with drivers newer than 197.45.
Now, this box is now on Debian Sid, NVidia drivers 295.49.
Booting xorg now hangs at a black screen as soon as GDM is invoked. When I last used it, it refuses to even boot into X, spewing a bunch of error messages. Now nothing- it just appears to try to work, then... nothing. It just freezes with a blank screen.
RMAing this card is impossible as I did not buy this card locally. Malaysia has no Biostar graphics card distributors (the 8400GS took a lot of coaxing to the motherboard distributor to get, and even then they refused to do it again when it came time to buy the 210).
- "Edison" - Phenom II X4 925 AM3 (Deneb), M4N98TD-EVO (nForce980a SLI), ENGTS450 DirectCU 1GB (GeForce GTS450) x2 (SLI), integrated GeForce8200, SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, 8GB DDR3-1600
- "Sally" - Athlon64 x2 5000+ AM2 (Brisbane), M4N72-E (nForce750a SLI), ENGTS250 Dark Knight 1GB (GeForce GTS250) x2 (SLI), integrated GeForce8200, SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, 4GB DDR2-1066
- "Dongwa" - Phenom II X4 945 AM3 (Deneb), M4N75TD (nForce750a SLI), ENGTX260-216SP 896MB (GeForce GTX260 216SP) x2 (SLI), integrated GeForce8200, SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, 8GB DDR3-1600
- "Helen" - Athlon64 x2 6400+ AM2 (Windsor), M4N78 Pro (GeForce8300), ENGT520 1GB (GeForce GT520), integrated GeForce8300, AuzenTech Prelude X-Fi, 4GB DDR2-1066.
- "Clementine" - Athlon64 x2 3800+ AM2 (Windsor), TF560A2+ (nForce560), V8402GL26 (GeForce 8400GS), SoundBlaster Live! 5.1, Sonnet Allegro FW400 PCIe, 2GB DDR2-800