Thread: Question...
View Single Post
Old 05-25-12, 02:48 PM   #12
jkmetal

Default Re: Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I appreciate the input guys.

Not gonna' lie, I've been rocking this mobo and CPU since '09 and just really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really () want to upgrade. Problem is I have no need to upgrade my CPU or my mobo.

Dangit!

Unless somebody brings up a really convince argument otherwise thinking I'll just grab that SSD to replace my boot drive. I've been wanting to upgrade my storage, most these drives are old and a bit slower compared to their modern cousins. 180GB should be very comfortable as an OS drive and a handful of programs (mostly Office, Norton360, etc).

Twice a year I can get killer discounts on Intel products. Maybe this winter if I can grab the processor with a mobo for super cheap.

Thanks again!
I been running my mobo and cpu since fall of 09 and they were used back then. The q9950 is 4 years old now. I know the upgrade itch well but I really can't find any reason why I need to upgrade my cpu/mobo. When the next console gen rolls around I be SOL but until then I m ride this until it I can't ride it anymore.