View Single Post
Old 06-01-12, 04:28 PM   #20
Cylphid

Default Re: Windows 8 Release Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Apple's idea is not to make the Mac a touch screen device, but to use gestures on their trackpads. The Apple trackpad is the best there is, it's larger, smoother and handles a lot of different kinds of input, while maintaining that familiar use for those who just want to point and click.

Microsoft is going to the extreme with Metro, putting the same UI on tablets as the PC. I just installed this newest release in a VM. It looks good and is smoother but I really hate it, lol. I prefer the Windows 7 Start Menu over these hot corners they have.

No corp is going to go with this. Windows 7 is the new XP. They're going to be supporting this OS for 10+ years with extensions like XP
I bet you're right. I would also bet metro will be viewed as nothing short of a gift to Apple straight from MS.

I have no issues at all with 7, gave up on linux completely, and love iOS. I'm already considering an ipad and a macbook pro as my next PC replacement.

Whichever way I go though, 8 will not be my primary OS on any computer I personally own.
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote