View Single Post
Old 06-06-12, 09:16 AM   #46
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Windows 8 Release Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
What's wrong with wanting that? Carrying around a tablet is much easier than a laptop obviously so why would you not want full fledged apps on them?

Since I do some photography, there are no apps to process, edit and convert RAW image files. The only app that comes close to Photoshop is Snapseed (the apps I've tested so far) and it does an alright job. A Windows 8 tablet appeals in this category because I can simply get the same apps I already have but on a tablet.

What about gaming? Again, why would you not want full fledged games on them? Yes, I agree touchscreen can be horrible for games but a keyboard/mouse option would be grand, or heck, even a controller. Zoomy makes fun of me because I want full games with controller support on my iPad lol. OnLive makes a BT controller already so it's not impossible.

Windows 8 does get one thing right: syncing your apps and preferences across all your devices so you get the same experience. I will love the day where I can surf the web on my tablet and pick up right where I left off on my MBP or Desktop PC. Same thing for games and anything else available to me. Many people like Google Chrome (you can open open tabs on another machine now) and others are getting closer but its time to unify these ideas!
why not? when it comes to performance, desktop will always be the top, laptop behind, tablet even more behind and phone at the bottom, why the hell would anyone want the fastest machine in the house to be limited by the slowest machine in the house. Thats like people complaining right now that some PC games suck because they are direct ports of the much slower consoles games. And if i'm not mistaken you are one of those that complain about that, and yet now you want more games to suffer because of the weakest link. Performance is not the only thing that would suffer, 22 inch monitor is not big enough for lightroom, you can't fit lightroom interface on 4 inch screen, even 10 inch tablet wouldn't fit even half of the lightroom interface. almost all desktop apps can't fit well on small screens. I use autocad at work now, if you would tell some of my co-workers that you want all apps to be same on all platforms and they would have to start using autocad on touch screen they would burn you at stake. my 60,000 picture raw library in lightroom can chooke 4GHz quad core CPU, why would any sane person want to use that phone or tablet.

Performance, limited interface reality space, and now precision, photoshop, lightroom need absolutly deadly precision when adjusting sliders, picking colors, correcting NR, sharpening etc... touch screen sucks when it comes to precision, you simply can't get precise, and before you reply oh oh they can redesign the interface for touch. BS, that would mean making everything unnecessary bigger on a device that already has limited interface space.

keyboard and mouse with tablet? haha that would only make sence if you were in house sitting by a desk and have the tablet standing up or in a dock, but wait they already have this ingenious device called laptop that can do that already. Thats why there is android, ios or that metro **** for tablets, so you don't have to use a keyboard or mouse.