View Single Post
Old 06-06-12, 12:29 PM   #48
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Windows 8 Release Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
why not? when it comes to performance, desktop will always be the top, laptop behind, tablet even more behind and phone at the bottom, why the hell would anyone want the fastest machine in the house to be limited by the slowest machine in the house. Thats like people complaining right now that some PC games suck because they are direct ports of the much slower consoles games. And if i'm not mistaken you are one of those that complain about that, and yet now you want more games to suffer because of the weakest link. Performance is not the only thing that would suffer, 22 inch monitor is not big enough for lightroom, you can't fit lightroom interface on 4 inch screen, even 10 inch tablet wouldn't fit even half of the lightroom interface. almost all desktop apps can't fit well on small screens. I use autocad at work now, if you would tell some of my co-workers that you want all apps to be same on all platforms and they would have to start using autocad on touch screen they would burn you at stake. my 60,000 picture raw library in lightroom can chooke 4GHz quad core CPU, why would any sane person want to use that phone or tablet.

Performance, limited interface reality space, and now precision, photoshop, lightroom need absolutly deadly precision when adjusting sliders, picking colors, correcting NR, sharpening etc... touch screen sucks when it comes to precision, you simply can't get precise, and before you reply oh oh they can redesign the interface for touch. BS, that would mean making everything unnecessary bigger on a device that already has limited interface space.

keyboard and mouse with tablet? haha that would only make sence if you were in house sitting by a desk and have the tablet standing up or in a dock, but wait they already have this ingenious device called laptop that can do that already. Thats why there is android, ios or that metro **** for tablets, so you don't have to use a keyboard or mouse.
I agree with what you are saying for the most part. However, I'm looking more towards the future when tablets have way better hardware and are able to do heavy things like photo editing. I'm also looking at light gaming for tablets as well, not the watered down games we have now on mobile devices. I would like to try StarCraft 1 and 2 on a touchscreen at some point but we don't have that choice; maybe with a Win8 tablet one day?

I'm not a professional photographer (just a hobby) but it would be nice to make my adjustments and such on a tablet if I choose to do so. It doesn't seem that impossible to me in another couple of years.

However, I do agree that the small screen would get old after a while. I love photo and video editing on my MBP but again, it would be nice to have the option to use my tablet instead of carrying the MBP around.

Power users will always prefer to use desktops and laptops, simple users will revert to easier choices such as tablets and phones. I like to stay in the middle and use them all, but I would like more unity between all of my devices. Just my two cents.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote