Release highlights since 302.11:
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- GeForce GT 620M
- GeForce GT 640M
- GeForce GT 640M LE
- GeForce GT 650M
- GeForce GTX 660M
- GeForce GTX 670M
- GeForce GTX 675M
- GeForce GTX 555
- GeForce GTX 560 SE
- GeForce GT 415
- GeForce GTX 460 v2
- NVS 5400M
- NVS 310
- Quadro 410
- Made nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder consistent with the RRSetOutputPrimary and RRGetOutputPrimary RandR requests: changes to either nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder or RandR OutputPrimary will be reflected in the other.
- Fixed an interaction problem between RandR 1.2, ConstrainCursor, and panning that prevented panning from working properly.
- Fixed a bug that caused RandR RRNotify_CrtcChange events to not be generated when switching between MetaModes with the same total size but different layout of display devices. This bug caused some window managers to not update their layouts in response to switching same-sized MetaModes.
- Added support for desktop panning when rotation, reflection, or transformation is applied to a display device (either through RandR or through the MetaMode syntax); panning would previously be ignored in that case.
- Added an "EDID" property to RandR 1.2 outputs. This property contains the binary contents of the connected monitor's extended display identification data, which allows applications such as the GNOME display properties dialog to query information about it.
- Fixed a bug that caused audio over HDMI to not work on some GPUs after querying the RandR configuration (e.g., `xrandr -q`).
- Added the "nvidiaXineramaInfo" X configuration option to report the layout of multiple display devices within an X screen. This is enabled by default. When disabled on X servers with RandR 1.2 support, the NVIDIA X driver will report one screen-sized region. When disabled on X servers without RandR 1.2 support, no Xinerama information will be reported. For backwards compatibility, the "NoTwinViewXineramaInfo" option disables nvidiaXineramaInfo.
- Added the "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" X configuration option as a replacement for "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder". For backwards compatibility, "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" is kept as a synonym for "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder".
- Added the "nvidiaXineramaInfoOverride" X configuration option as a replacement for "TwinViewXineramaInfoOverride". For backwards compatibility, "TwinViewXineramaInfoOverride" is kept as a synonym for "nvidiaXineramaInfoOverride".
- Fixed a bug that prevented the use of some SLI Mosaic topologies.
- Added the "MetaModeOrientation" X configuration option as a replacement for "TwinViewOrientation". "TwinViewOrientation" is kept as a synonym for "MetaModeOrientation", for backwards compatibility.
- Disabled the use of certain OpenGL optimizations with Autodesk Maya and Mudbox, due to conflicts between these applications and the optimizations. Some performance loss in Autodesk Maya and Mudbox is possible, as a result.
- Fixed a behavior issue where redundant DPMS state transitions were leading to unexpected screen blanking on DisplayPort displays.
This beta release is known to cause crashes on distributions packaging older X servers, such as Fedora 8 and OpenSUSE 11.0; these issues will be addressed in a subsequent release.
NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86
is available for download via HTTP
NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86_64
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
) for more information about this release.
This NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release supports GeForce 6xxx and newer NVIDIA GPUs
, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 302.17
NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log.gz
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678