View Single Post
Old 08-14-12, 08:40 AM   #83
kpl388

Default Re: 302.07 no resume from suspend

Sorry for the delayed reply - I've been trying to get a better handle on what's going on. I uninstalled the nvidia driver. I'm using the mythbuntu distro and it seems nouveau is installed already. But, I experienced the same symptoms: complete freeze on resume from standby and fresh reboot on return from hibernate. So I guess maybe my problem is not nvidia driver related and probably belongs in a different forum.

I tried using the using the uswsusp tools, but got a similar result. I also tried installing a tuxonice kernel. This gave me a bit more feedback, but still hangs on resume from standby. Interestingly, it attempts to return from hibernate, but hangs on the purple ubuntu screen that says it's resuming from /dev/disk/by-uuid/*****
Also possibly related: anytime I install a package that runs update-initramfs, I get the message:
Code:
cryptsetup: WARNING: failed to detect canonical device of /dev/sdh7
This is my swap device. The uuid in /etc/fstab (and returned by blkid) matches that in /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume.

Any suggestions or, if not, guidance on where I should seek help for this problem would be greatly appreciated!
kpl388 is offline   Reply With Quote