View Single Post
Old 08-14-12, 01:13 PM   #6
Raven-D

Default Re: Restarted my machine, now suddenly NOTHING works with my GTX670?

Man, you're quick. Thanks for being so helpful.

nvidia-settings tells me I'm on NVIDIA Driver Verson 295.40. I got it from my distro's repository simply by inputting the command 'sudo apt-get install nvidia-current'. Is there a newer driver I should be using?

Also, you mentioned that at the end of my xorg.conf there is an option to enable or disable composite, and I see that indeed there is, and from the way it appears it is disabled. Should I use gedit to change this value to 'enabled'? Also, what are these '#removed option' sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
Well at the bottom of your xorg.conf you have an option to disable the composite extension. I think this happens when Xinerama is enabled. I don't think Xinerama works with compositing.

Also, what driver version are you using?

I'm not sure if this is what you want to do or not, but you should be able to use TwinView with all of your monitors... but you might need a 30x-series driver.

Separate X screens are probably workable (though I have no experience with them), but I think Xinerama is universally scorned upon these days, if not in practice deprecated.
Raven-D is offline   Reply With Quote