I have 4 monitors connected to 2 x Geforce GTX 470
They are connected with SLI conector, but i had not setup SLI in Xorg config.
I use BaseMosaic
Option "MetaModes" "GPU-1.DFP-0: 1920x1080+0+0, GPU-1.DFP-2:
1920x1080+1920+0, GPU-0.DFP-0: 1920x1080+0+1080, GPU-0.DFP-2: 1920x1080+1920+1080"
I use nvidia-drivers-295.71 and all 4 monitors work.
After installing nvidia-drivers-304.37 -- i see that only 3 monitors work.
After reinstalling nvidia-drivers-295.71 all 4 monitors work again.
--In README for 295.71
--"Base Mosaic is supported on all the configurations supported by SLI Mosaic Mode."
In announcement for 304.22
" Extended support for Base Mosaic to all G80+ SLI configurations with up to three displays. "
In README for 304.37
"Base Mosaic is supported on all G80 and higher SLI configurations up to three display devices."
So, some questions :
1. Does nvidia-drivers-304.37 support BaseMosaic with more than summary 3 monitors on all cards ?
2. Is it a regression , or intended feature downgrade ?
3. Will BaseMosaic support be extended for more than 3 monitors ?
4. How many monitors can be connected and used on GTX 680 ?
5. Will 2 x GTX 680 on nvidia-drivers-304.37 support summary 4 monitors ?
Edit : Yes, my bad. I thought, that in some README i saw Geforce was supported.
But "danix NVIDIA Corporation" state, that it does not supported.
In any case. 4 monitors in my setup :
295.71 - unofficially works.
304.37 - officially does not work.