View Single Post
Old 08-26-12, 06:09 AM   #73
cookiecaper

Default Re: Random crashes, NVRM Xid messages

I believe I am experiencing the same issue here with 304.37. I do not have Bumblebee, am using a desktop GTX 285 on Linux 3.4.9. I have experienced this both with WINE games (TF2, Orcs Must Die! 2, Homefront) and native Sauerbraten occasionally over the last 3-4 months. Interestingly, I seem to have no problem playing Skyrim for hours on end.

Problems typically seem to occur for me only after about 90 minutes of gameplay. There will be occasional stutters in responsiveness that span out over a relatively long period of time (20-40 minutes) before X becomes totally unresponsive and/or only responsive to mouse input. Usually external audio output from VLC or other sources continues without trouble, but the audio of the 3D process that caused the lock stutters within the same frame indefinitely.

I am usually able to SSH in to the system when this happens, but cannot kill the problematic process. I was able to use SysRq K to kill X. I typically reboot via SSH when this happens.

I have attached a bug report log from my most recent incident, which occurred while playing Orcs Must Die! 2 in WINE 1.5.11.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (47.8 KB, 64 views)
cookiecaper is offline   Reply With Quote