I've also tried:
- forcing the nvidia interrupt smp affiinity, the wine process, and X to use the same CPU core; renice-ing the optirun to and wine processes to -20;
- exporting __GL_NO_DSO_FINALIZER=1, __GL_YIELD="USLEEP" or __GL_YIELD="NOTHING", _GL_SINGLE_THREADED="1";
- turning off the GLShaderDiskCache,
- setting DamageEvents and ConnectToAcpid to false
- running in a completely new user login
... and none of them make any difference. The abysmal nvidia 304.43 driver consistently crashes - usually in less than a minute of gameplay although the exact point is random - on my current setup (ubuntu 12.10 (xserver 220.127.116.115, kernel 3.5)).
I emailed firstname.lastname@example.org
over a week ago but haven't even received the courtesy of an acknowledgement.