View Single Post
Old 10-05-12, 07:58 AM   #10
tiberius

Cool Re: Removal of overscan options in 302.07...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
The old overscan compensation option was guaranteed to cause scaling artifacts because it caused the GPU hardware to scale the output.
I’m all for a newer and better way. Thanks Nvidia...

The foll worked for me on v304.51. GT430, Xubuntu 12.04.1 x32 clean install. ‘Peasants edition’ LG 50 inch Plasma on the DVI port with an HDMI adapter. I’m in PAL land. Please note the need for sudo bcos it does nada without root.
Code:
sudo nvidia-settings --assign 0/CurrentMetaMode="DFP-0: 1920x1080 { ViewPortIn=1920x1080, ViewPortOut=1840x1034+40+20 }"
However it was a bit ‘clunky’. I set the width size first and then the width offset wout a problem, however when it came to adjusting the height, which was overshrunk (too small/too narrow) any attempt to increase the 1034 upwards resulted in the width setting going back to default 1920 as well. I tried sticking to MOD 16, and/or keeping the height as an exact 16:9 ratio to the width but no...changing height always sent width back to 1920. In the end the height setting above fills about 95pct of the screen vertically so it’s good enough.

I was also unable to get the setting to stick, so I ended up running the above command at startup in a bash, which the system seems perfectly happy with.

Onwards we go...

T
tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote