View Single Post
Old 01-13-04, 11:46 AM   #14
SnapIT

Quote:
Originally posted by LaNcom
You know, my old SPEA V7 PCI owns 'em all, it's at least twice as fast as the QuadroFX, Radeon9800 and the Wildcat 4 alltogether...

Oops, sorry wrong reallity... I tried the Wildcat4, FireGL and QuadroFX 3000, and the QuadroFX is the fastest by a large margin, using XSI on Linux. The FireGL was nice, the Wildcat was really disappointing. Plus, IIRC, only the Quadro supports Linux for AMD64... Maybe SnapIT compared the Wildcat4 to the QuadroFX 500, then it would win; but if I have to choose between the 7210 and the 3000G, I would go Nvidia.
Then again, if there really is a way to improve it's performance any further... just go ahead!
The Quadro's AMD AGP module does not support KT800 in 64 bit mode which is why i posted this in the first place...

XSI on Linux with current drivers and latest versions? FireGL is a joke and will hang as soon as your rendering farm sends back the results... Quadro will work but will be extremely slow, Wildcat will outperform it by a LARGE margin, i'll get back to you on how large that margin is...

The only thing i really care about is the agp interface of the Wildcat driver because i made that one, it is the only one as far as i know that uses native 64 bit code for AMD64 and i gave it under the GNU license which would mean that 3dlabs license is invalid...

The same interface can be used with any other driver, for the wildcat it made a BIG boost so i assume other cards will see the same results as most agp interfaces are poorly written (no offence to the programmers, but porting between systems like that eventually produces crappy code)...

I really don't want to turn this into some pissing contest regarding cards, so i'll end this post by saying to all of you, sure, the Quadro is great....

(Just found out that the Wildcat drivers do not include my implementation of the agp interface, i will use it as beta among my customers for a while and when i release it i will post it here)
SnapIT is offline   Reply With Quote