View Single Post
Old 01-13-04, 01:22 PM   #24
LaNcom

SnapIT may be right (well, more or less). I don't get it, maybe this has nothing to do with that issue, but I still find it interesting.
Using 64bit OpenGL software (eg. Blender compiled for 64bit, or even glxgears), the performance is very good for me. But using 32bit software, the performance drops to about 30-50% of the 64bit results. I don't know if that's an AGP issue.
Anyway, 32bit software won't use the libGL.so/ libGLcore.so provided by Nvidia...

BTW, I think 3DLabs is not an option (if you want to play games, that is).
I think we all know why Nvidia doesn't release the source. They could release the specs, but I don't even think we'll see that day...

PS: SnapIT, you're right, XSI's OpenGL accel _should_ work on 64bit Linux, but XSI is really picky, I think I'll have to look for a solution elsewhere.
You have your driver working with Nvidia cards? Is it possible to try it, and where do I get it? Does it work on Linux 2.6.1?

-- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
LaNcom is offline   Reply With Quote