View Single Post
Old 04-09-13, 08:34 PM   #1
devnull
On Deer Patrol

Default Wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I am getting an error message whenever I try to start a 32-bit program that requires OpenGL in Wine, or when I run Skype for Linux. This is the text of the error:

Quote:
error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
A bit of Google searching revealed that this is the result of trying to run a 32-bit application on a 64-bit operating system (in this case, I am running Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit) and that the 32-bit libraries will need to be installed.

Here's the catch: They already ARE installed! I had the installer put them on for me! Believing it to be a symlink issue, I ran the following command:

Quote:
ln /usr/lib/libGL.so /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
However, that says it cannot create the symlink because the file already exists. I figure this is good, so I'm going to leave it alone. I try to run Skype again. Same issue. So I try to install the NVidia libgl packages manually using this command:

Quote:
apt-get install libgl1-nvidia-glx
However, that gives me this series of errors:

Quote:
Package libgl1-nvidia-glx:i386 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libgl1-nvidia-glx:i386' has no installation candidate
This seems to mean that this is an old package that is now deprecated. So now the problem is I have no idea what these libraries are called now. I need to know what they are called now. (I'm using version 310.44 of the driver.)
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote