View Single Post
Old 05-19-13, 12:33 PM   #1
Zapablast05
ZapaFAILmaster of Merwang

Send a message via AIM to Zapablast05
Thumbs down 9600GT driver issues?

Hey all! It's been forever since I've posted here, or even just had any PC issues to post about for solutions. This weekend I've been having a lot of issues with my video card drivers in Vista. I updated to the latest drivers (314.07) through Windows Update from the 306.97 driver. I've always had SLI enabled without issues. Ever since I updated the drivers, I get the "driver nvdwhatever has failed and has recovered" error message whenever I'm gaming. It seems to happen about 10 minutes into ANY game, and quite frequently at around 10 minutes. When it does crash, the screen freezes, the sound loops, and finally goes black and looks for signal. Once I get my picture back, my game sound returns, but I see my desktop. When I hit the windows key, or minimize the game, I can see the error bubble at the notification area. Once I click on DoD:S or CS:GO (I mainly play Valve games when this happens), the screen with go back to full screen, the audio will return, but I still see my desktop. I can shoot and run around, but I only see my desktop, but I hear all the actions in game. I removed my overclock on everything, and it all yielded no results. I switched around the cards and nothing. I've tried uninstalling the video card driver, downloading the newest one from the nvidia website, and I still get the same results. So I uninstalled it and rolled back to the 306.97 driver, OC's all off, and STILL nothing. Could it be that there was something installed during the Windows Update that's conflicting with the driver, or could it possibly be that my video cards are about to croak? I've had them since release day...Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Xbox Live: Zapablast05 click!|3DMark06: 17,001|
PSN: Zapablast05
Originally Posted by crainger: "Come meet my son Zapablast05"
Originally Posted by crainger: A truck wont get the pussy zapa has become accustomed to.
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL: In fact, I measure years in BC and AC (before Camp0rz and after Camp0rz).
I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking.
Zapablast05 is offline   Reply With Quote