View Single Post
Old 05-26-13, 03:30 PM   #14
Rakeesh

Default Re: Finally Back, After Near Fatal Motorcycle Wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
Torn Rotator cuff ain't a joke. Shoulder pain is one of the worst pains someone can feel. I tore my rotator cuff and broke my shoulder into 4 pieces last year. Excruciating. I hate to break it to you, but after your surgery, its going to feel 10 times worse. You'll be in significant pain for a solid 2+ months after your surgery and for the first 2 weeks the pain is near unbearable (just being honest).

I feel for you man. I know I just spelled out bad stuff, but its better to know than not to know. You'll get through it.
That depends, some people don't have any pain from that. I had surgery to repair a meniscus tear in my knee, and I was told I would be in pain for a long time afterwards, even right after waking up from the operation. But I didn't feel any pain at all, ever. Even waking up from the surgery was as if nothing happened.

They gave me some kind of powerful opiate and some other stuff, but I didn't take a single pill of anything except the antibiotics. Couldn't walk or run for a few months of course, and moving my leg around too much before proper healing resulted in a very dull and hardly noticeable short lived (e.g. seconds) pain, just enough to tell me that I shouldn't do what I was about to do, but it was pain easily avoided.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote