Summer's official launch, for many in the U.S. is the long Memorial Day weekend. For sports fans, it's the first serve barreling down in the French Open tennis tournament. For those with a taste for the good life, it's the first frosty glass of fresh lemonade, with a touch of just-picked mint.
But for us at NVIDIA, summer always begins with Computex in hot, humid Taipei.
So, we can't wait for the kickoff of Asia's largest tech demo, which runs June 4-8. This time around, with the help of partners, we'll be showing off our latest mobile technology and our latest GeForce magic.
So what, exactly, can you expect from us at the show?
- Tegra 4 processor ' the world's fastest mobile processor ' which features a quad-core Cortex-A15 CPU and game-changing 72-core custom GPU. It delivers lightning-fast web browsing, more realistic gaming and excellent battery life to our partners' new mobile devices.
- Tegra 4i processor, our first mobile processor with integrated 4G LTE connectivity, brings the Tegra 4 super phone experience to mainstream smartphones. At the CTIA 2013 show last week, Tegra 4i chewed through 150Mbps of LTE data in a demo, showing off the adaptability of our software-defined radio technology.
- Chimera Computational Photography Architecture, supported by our entire family of Tegra 4 processors, uses some of the same computational imaging technologies relied on by deep space telescopes and spy satellites to deliver a bundle of new features, including always-on HDRphoto and video capabilities with no lag and no motion artifacts.
- GeForce GTX 780 and GTX 770, our newest, blazing fast desktop GPUs for gamers.
- And the spanking new GeForce GTX 700 family of notebook GPUs for gamers.
Finally, we'll be wielding the Shield, bringing our Tegra 4-powered NVIDIA SHIELD
to the big show. Following our recent pre-order kickoff
for the world's first open gaming portable to bridge the Android and PC gaming divide, we'll be showing off the SHIELD gaming and entertainment experiences.
Can't make it to the show in person? Don't let it spoil your summer. We'll update this blog
and our Twitter
feed with photo and video updates from Computex.
Image by Sam Garza.