View Single Post
Old 06-12-13, 07:30 AM   #1
News

Post How Cloud Gaming Means You Can Take It With You

If you had come to me 12 years ago when I started working at NVIDIA and told me that one day I would be able to play my PC games anywhere I wanted, I would not have believed it. It seemed technologically impossible.

Flash forward to today and that is exactly what we are doing with NVIDIA GRID cloud gaming. With GRID technology, playing video games will soon be as quick and easy as watching Netflix. No more disks to shuffle or waiting for long digital downloads and patches before playing.

As a gamer who has many different devices in my home ' PC, Mac, Android' boxes, clam shells, tablets and phones ' cloud gaming has always been a dream of mine. I love first-person shooters and many times, the game may only be available on Windows. My laptop happens to be an Apple, so when I travel I can't enjoy the same games I can at home.

The beauty of cloud gaming is you can take your games anywhere, and now with NVIDIA SHIELD, you literally can take it with you. I was lucky enough to do early prototype testing of SHIELD open-platform gaming portable and being able to lie in bed and play BioShock Infinite or Metro Last Light is amazing.

Pair SHIELD with GRID and it's a perfect marriage of portability, performance, and gaming. And since it's all in the cloud, your saved games are always available to you. You can start playing your game at home, save it, and pick up again right where you left on your SHIELD. You are going to love this feature.

This year at E3 2013, we are showing off GRID streaming to a variety of devices including SHIELD, Windows PC, Android Tablets, Ouya game consoles, and Apple MacBooks. It's the future of game streaming in one location.

The brains behind our cloud gaming servers are the GRID K520 and K340 boards. Both are available now for cloud gaming operators to purchase, install and deploy on the world's first dedicated cloud gaming platform.

To expand the availability of GRID technology around the world, we are partnering with leading server manufacturers to build GRID cloud gaming servers. SuperMicro, Cirrascale, ASUS, and Quanta are all working with NVIDIA. Through these partnerships, we can build a single cloud gaming server, which can stream more than seven-hundred 720p HD quality games all running from a single server.

Our GRID software partners are also supercharging our ecosystem, building an amazing platform for streaming games. These partners ' Agawi, Playcast, Ubitus, and G-Cluster Technology ' all are working on building cloud gaming services around the world.

It's an exciting time to be a gamer, and I for one, am proud to be working at a company that is helping define the intersection of technology and entertainment.

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote