View Single Post
Old 07-09-13, 12:42 AM   #16
Zapablast05
ZapaFAILmaster of Merwang

Send a message via AIM to Zapablast05
Default Re: Modding my old EVGA GeForce 8800 GT video card's fan to blow heat from the PC cas

If you have PWM case fans, they'll adjust according to what the sensors say. My case fans are at 1250 rpm, my CPU is at 1450 rpm, PSU 1175 rpm, and GPU at 1500 rpm. Are you overclocked? That could contribute to high temps in your case, especially if your ambient air temp is hot. I would recommend reapplying thermal paste on the video card and CPU. It's not too hard. There are a lot of tutorials on youtube. I'm not sure if Arctic Silver 5 is still the go-to paste, but that's what I've always used. Keep in mind that the paste will break down after so many years that you'll have to replace it. You should see your temperature drop on your parts after like 100 hours of break-in of normal PC use.

Xbox Live: Zapablast05 click!|3DMark06: 17,001|
PSN: Zapablast05
Originally Posted by crainger: "Come meet my son Zapablast05"
Originally Posted by crainger: A truck wont get the pussy zapa has become accustomed to.
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL: In fact, I measure years in BC and AC (before Camp0rz and after Camp0rz).
I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking.
Zapablast05 is offline   Reply With Quote