View Single Post
Old 07-18-13, 07:08 PM   #1
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12
Default I will use windows 8 when they allow multiple free activations

Up until recently, I have been using windows 8 64 bit OEM. My friends dad gave me a copy of windows 7 home premium upgrade retail that was activated once. One thing to note for you using windows 8 upgrade version retail/digital download for us system builders, if you make a major change to hardware like say motherboard, you don't get to reactivate for free like you do in windows 7 retail. Windows 7 retail lets your reactivate about 20-30 times when upgrading major hardware without buying a new key. Windows 8 upgrade, if you upgrade major hardware, you will have to buy a new copy or new key from microsoft. So, now you know why windows 8 upgrade was so cheap when it 1st came out. They probably thought they could make mass sales off of it then the price went up to like $250 or something like that for the upgrade. Stupid Marketing by Microsoft. They should keep it at $40 and go for volume sales,not big ones. And for me, I don't like having to rebuy OEM copies at $100 a pop when I can invest in a windows 7 retail copy (or one was given to me in this case) that I can use for quite some time before having to buy a new copy of a OS.
gigabyte g1.sniper 5 mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790k 4.0 ghz quad core cpu, asus gtx 780 3gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0 (intel raid),antec hcg-850 850 watt 80 plus bronze psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,pioneer bdr-208 15x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, logitech g502 mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,kingston 8gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech s120 2.0 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote