View Single Post
Old 07-28-13, 06:54 PM   #1
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12
Default EA Origin and Uplay are crap for updating email logins

EA Origin and UBIsoft's uplay are crap for updating your email login. First, I didn't know that you had to confirm your email with origin when changing emails. I found this out when changing emails again. So I clicked on the resend email about 10 times for my current email address and I checked my current ISP's webmail and spamguard folder and nothing was there. I want to confirm so I can change my email so that EA doesn't take their sweet ass time getting to me. To get in touch with EA, you have to sit and wait for a chat window to open which is about 5-10 minutes minimum. And I am changing ISP's in less than a month. I changed my email to a gmail account so that I don't have to go through this again. And with gmail, you can set it so it sends email to a 3rd party email client (thunderbird or outlook for example) via pop3 or imap. So I have to wait until someone comes on there. And ubisoft is worse. They make you do a support ticket just to change emails. They don't even have a chat option. With Steam, you change the email and check your new email to confirm in the steam app. That's it. And all of your steam games are still yours. I don't know why people diss steam. Most of you don't like redownloading your library when you reinstall your OS. Well, there is a built in backup util in the steam app that allows you to backup to any size media or drive. So, when you reinstall windows, no redownloading. Had to figure out myself how to backup Origin and Uplay games since they don't want you having the actual data in your hands. Now I may face losing my uplay and origin games because of poor programming of the apps/website account management.
gigabyte g1.sniper 5 mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790 3.6 ghz quad core cpu, asus gtx 780 3gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0 (intel raid),antec hcg-850 850 watt 80 plus bronze psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,pioneer bdr-208 15x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,acer gv215hv 21.5 inch 1080p lcd monitor, zalman eclipse 8200dpi mouse,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,kingston 8gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech s120 2.0 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote