View Single Post
Old 01-14-04, 06:29 PM   #1
danboy

Unhappy GeForce FX Go5600 & Suse 9.0

Hi there,

I have this problem with Suse 9.0 and GeForce FX Go5600 which already many people have reported. Installed the 1.0-5328 installer in my notebook and the X going into black screen and crashed.

I would like to ask if it is possible for someone who knows these issues, to give a guidance from scratch as I feel very confused.

Except from installing 1.0-5328 (through the installer) and editing the XF86 file "change driver from nv to nvidia"and adding "load glx"is there any other edit that must be done? Any kernel alterations? Any other action to be taken? or that is all?

Also i would like to ask someone to assist on HOW to install the driver from that other site (I don't remember the name) which is enhanced for use with kernel 2.6 because I am not so experienced to understand exactly what is the meaning of the instructions given in that site.

I have found SO many but SO spreaded information in here that I feel really lost. Could someone make a "resume"of it all in a new post?

From A to Z?

Thanks for the attention

PS : I am not a linux geek. I just love its idea and I would like to support it, but day after day I come to believe that linux is only for experts.
The rest of us may stuck with windows (and I hate it)
danboy is offline   Reply With Quote