View Single Post
Old 10-07-13, 12:16 PM   #17
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12
Default Re: getting a gtx 760 soon!

XDanger, I didn't notice your sig until now. I find it interesting you use 12gb of ram in your system. (I would guess two 2x 4gb and 2x 2gb in a dual channel config). Very smart man to max out your pc like that without going overboard if that's the case. I am not as harsh on people who use their pc for less than it's full potential as I have been surrounded by pc users who are less knowledgeable than myself. What my best approach to them is help empower them to see that full potential with my help then when the time comes for themselves is to allow them to see the full potential of a pc on their own. And not to empower them in big chunks either as I know from my beginnings how overwhelming the pc was for me when I started. One thing I needed to mention. When my sig changes,one of three things happen. Either Kijiji becomes a welcome friend in selling off the old parts or if I can, the part gets handed down to my brother as a upgrade to him. Or as a third last (very last) option, I have to throw out some hardware because I know if it didn't work for my system, I am not welcoming the risk of having to sell off or giving the part to someone who may not like it or having them ask for their money back due to the same problem. For instance , I had a sensei mlg mouse that kept turning itself off in my system (windows or the mb didn't want to keep it powered) often enough that the part was too frustrating to feel like using. I put the mouse in my brother's system which is a totally different hardware config but has the same os (windows 8 64 bit)and it did the same darn thing. So instead of passing on that potential PITA to someone else in selling it, I threw it out and went with the mouse in my sig because it does the job it supposed to do without headaches. My brother has the exact same mouse and I tested his 1st in my system noticing that it did it's job without conflicts/incompatibilities before making the decision to change to the same mouse. You have probably come to the same conclusion, windows 8 was the problem. Yes, more people use windows 7 but you don't know who uses what out there when you sell in terms of OS or hardware on Kijiji.
gigabyte z97x gaming gt mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790 3.6 ghz quad core cpu, zotac gtx 970 4gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0,evga 1200p2 1200watt 80 plus platinum psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,lg 16x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, zalman zm-gm3 8200 dpi mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,adata 16gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech z906 5.1 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote