View Single Post
Old 11-30-13, 05:53 AM   #9
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12
Default Re: 2gb or 4gb gtx 770?

XDanger, the 50gb you are talking about is the installation size on your hard drive, not the video ram usage on a video card. I will ask my friend about high res textures (improved graphics that are added upon the original graphics) for bf4. as for COD ghosts, My brother is using a gtx 660 amp from zotac for COD ghosts, no problems there. The install size for cod ghosts is 30-40gb. There are no high res textures there. One curve ball activision did was change the normal 4gb of min. system ram to 6gb then patched it so it would work with 4gb of system ram for cod ghosts, not video ram. My idea that I was trying to get across is that 2gb of video ram is fine for now and probably will be until 3q 2014 when next gen video cards hit the market. Until that time (3q 2014), speed will be the purchasing factor until then. Then the rules will change when ram on video and motherboards intermix with NV maxwell. You may not even need more video ram if the unified memory thing that nvidia wants to do where the video ram and motherboard ram do truly get combined. Like I was told on this very board by another user, it's not how much you have in ram (be it video or system), it's how fast it can go for better frame rates. I ended getting a zotac gtx 770 amp! 2gb card from my local retailer. They had a black friday sale on it where instead of being $369 cdn, it dropped to the nvidia msrp of $329 cdn. If you want, go to a currency calculator and compare my canadian dollar with pounds by entering what I paid with what you would pay in equivalent. Like I said, I'll get a answer asap about bf4 and high res textures.
gigabyte g1.sniper 5 mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790k 4.0 ghz quad core cpu, asus gtx 780 3gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0 (intel raid),antec hcg-850 850 watt 80 plus bronze psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,pioneer bdr-208 15x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, logitech g502 mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,kingston 8gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech s120 2.0 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote