BTW, XDanger, my brother's 21.5' lcd at 1080p cost him less than $100 cdn. So,something bigger than 22' crt shouldn't be that much more. I remember when I had to let go of my 24' crt.
Had a larger res than 1080p.
Things that swayed me to lcd was:
1. Radiation- less strain on the eyes and less chance of headaches
2. No Ghosting- the ghosting problem that plagued lcd's years ago in no longer present even in budget lcd's
3. Less power consumption- saves $ on the electric/hydro bill
4. Smaller-you don't have use as much space on your desk to get that big tube in the back on your table
4. Refresh rates-for higher priced lcd monitors (the ones that say they are led are led backlit but use liquid crystal to still display. led if sold alone would cost too much but is even more cost effective. hence why led bulbs are so expensive vs. cfl bulbs) you can now get up to 240hz refresh which means smoother gameplay
5. (if you decide on a nvidia card)-g-sync-nvidia has already added adaptive v-sync to their gtx 600 and 700 cards. That means v-sync on the fly rather then preset from the game or video card control panel with regular v-sync always on. The g-sync is a redundancy to this in that the monitor does it part to add to video card v-sync either being adaptive or otherwise. G-sync lcd monitors are coming in q1 next year.
although you can buy one model (asus vg248qe) http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG248QE/
and get a g-sync kit from either nvidia or a etailer that sells it then get a pro modder shop to add the kit.
gigabyte f2a78m-d3h mb, 32gb ddr3-2400 mhz ram in dual channel,amd a10-7850k 3.7 ghz quad core cpu, zotac amp extreme gtx 970 4gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd,antec 650 watt 80 plus platinum psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,lg 16x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,insignia 24' 1080p tv, logitech g502s 12000 dpi mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,visiontek usb 3.0 120gb ssd flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster z pci-e sc,logitech z506 5.1 speakers
I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.