Re: 2gb or 4gb gtx 770?
BTW, XDanger, my brother's 21.5' lcd at 1080p cost him less than $100 cdn. So,something bigger than 22' crt shouldn't be that much more. I remember when I had to let go of my 24' crt.
Had a larger res than 1080p.
Things that swayed me to lcd was:
1. Radiation- less strain on the eyes and less chance of headaches
2. No Ghosting- the ghosting problem that plagued lcd's years ago in no longer present even in budget lcd's
3. Less power consumption- saves $ on the electric/hydro bill
4. Smaller-you don't have use as much space on your desk to get that big tube in the back on your table
4. Refresh rates-for higher priced lcd monitors (the ones that say they are led are led backlit but use liquid crystal to still display. led if sold alone would cost too much but is even more cost effective. hence why led bulbs are so expensive vs. cfl bulbs) you can now get up to 240hz refresh which means smoother gameplay
5. (if you decide on a nvidia card)-g-sync-nvidia has already added adaptive v-sync to their gtx 600 and 700 cards. That means v-sync on the fly rather then preset from the game or video card control panel with regular v-sync always on. The g-sync is a redundancy to this in that the monitor does it part to add to video card v-sync either being adaptive or otherwise. G-sync lcd monitors are coming in q1 next year.
although you can buy one model (asus vg248qe) http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG248QE/
and get a g-sync kit from either nvidia or a etailer that sells it then get a pro modder shop to add the kit.
gigabyte ga-z87x-ud3h, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel xeon e3-1245v3 3.4 ghz quad core cpu, zotac gtx 770 amp 2gb 2 way sli,2x ocz agility 3 90gb ssd in raid 0,rosewill 750 watt 80 plus platinum psu,antec gx 700 case, lg 14x bluray writer,windows 8.1 64 bit pro, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,asus vg278he 27' 144hz 3d vision 2 lcd monitor, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard, zalman eclipse 8200dpi mouse,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,adata 16gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sb recon 3d pci-e sc
Brother's system: Asus p8z77-v lk mb, 8gb of ddr3 1600mhz ram,intel core i7 3770k 3.5 ghz cpu, intel hd 4000 igpu, ,antec earthwatts 650 watt 80 plus platinum psu,cooler master 3500 dpi spawn mouse, ican keyboard, logitech ls120 2.0 speakers, cooler master elite 343 matx case, corsair force 3 90gb ssd, pioneer bdr-208 15x bluray writer, acer g215hv 21.5' 1080p monitor,kingston usb 2.0 8gb flash drive,win 8.0 pro 64 bit,onboard realtek audio
I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
Last edited by wheeljack12; 12-01-13 at 06:01 AM.
Reason: stuff added