View Single Post
Old 12-19-13, 06:09 AM   #2
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12
Default Re: my beef about budget haswell motherboards

what I eventually want to have is for all components possible, is a backup to those particular parts, for instances:

1. SLI two gtx 770's- if one dies, I still have one gaming graphics card. If both dies, I still have the intel igpu to keep me alfloat. (really wish intel would give up bga packaging on iris 5xxx graphics, if they did, I would have a valid 3rd option for gaming graphics)
2 ssd's-if one dies in the raid, I still have one to use as OS/apps drive
3-Two optical drives-faster disk to disk copying and backup to a drive just in case
4. Discrete sound card-if it dies, I still have the onboard sound as backup
5- Hardware raid card- if the HW raid card dies, I still have the onboard raid to use
6. Buy a kingston datatravler workspace 32 gb drive- fastest economical drive. yes it's a wtg drive since it transfers at 250/250mb read/write on usb 3.0. This is my drive of choice to take full advantage of usb 3.0's speed. Use my cheapo 8gb flash drive as backup.

As for the rest of the internal/external components, I would just change/rma as necessary as I would with the backed up components I have already listed.

My point being here is that the ud3h and the ivy bridge mb's I have chose/chosen are perfect for the above.
gigabyte z97x gaming gt mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790 3.6 ghz quad core cpu, zotac gtx 970 4gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0,evga 1200p2 1200watt 80 plus platinum psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,lg 16x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, zalman zm-gm3 8200 dpi mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,adata 16gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech z906 5.1 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote