Originally Posted by MikeC
It's been over two years since I upgraded my desktop PC and I'm ordering the following parts from Newegg for a major upgrade:
- Intel Core i7-4820K Ivy Bridge-E 3.7GHz Quad-Core CPU ($324.99)
- Gigabyte X79-UP4 Motherboard ($239.99)
- CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 2133MHz DDR3 SDRAM ($219.99)
- Intel 335 Series 180GB SATA III SSD ($154.99)
- WD BLACK 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache HDD ($156.99)
- ASUS Black 8MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner ($89.99)
All the parts have been ordered and should be here sometime next week. I'm really looking forward to putting this system together and see how it performs with my new EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti!
I'll keep you updated on my progress.
I'm looking to do the same after I get situated with my budget for my wedding and new house.